I posted this photo on Instagram last week and instantly got asked to post the recipe. For a simple soup, it is incredibly tasty. Perfect for the Fall!!
Sausage, Kale, & White Bean Soup
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup onion, chopped
3 links italian chicken sausage, thinly sliced
2 cups chopped kale (remove ribs)
1 14oz can white beans (also known as cannelini or great northern beans), drained and rinsed
4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
salt, pepper, garlic powder (may use fresh garlic but honestly I didn't want that strong of a garlic flavor)
1) In a saucepan, add olive oil and heat of medium heat. Saute onion until beginning to turn translucent.
2) Add sausage slices and saute for about 30 seconds.
3) Add remaining ingredients. The kale is going to look like there is too much but it will cook down. When adding salt, pepper, and garlic powder - just a pinch will work but you can always add more/less to taste. Remember the sausage is flavored also.
4) Simmer over medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes.
5) Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan or mozzarella cheese and some crusty bread. ENJOY!!